I have not been able to connect to a Windows 7 Laptop I use for a shared Printer. I am on Windows 10 PRO, my wife has Windows 10 PRO and she can connect.
When I attempt to add a printer or click on the laptop name under network settings I get "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type for this computer."
Option I below worked for me. (finally found this on Microsoft site after seriously giving up over a year ago).
I. Try checking the Advanced Sharing Settings from Network and Sharing Center. To do this, follow these steps.
1. Click Start, Control Panel and then Network and Sharing Center.
2. Now click Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
3. Now make sure File and Printer Sharing is Turned On and Password Protected Sharing is Turned Off.
II. If that does not resolve the problem, try to check the Group Policy Settings.
1. Click Start and type gpedit.msc in the start search box and press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following location
Computer Configuration/ Windows Settings/ Security Settings/ Local Policies
3. Under this click on User Rights Assignment.
4. Double click Access this computer from the network and check that EVERYONE is added to the list.
5. If not add it by clicking Add User or group and then type EVERYONE, click OK and then Apply and